And in continuation of the chill day we had the day before, we woke up to another brunch and more lazy walks at Fitzroy (again) and Yarra River in the evening.
[Melbourne | Australia June & July 2016]
2 July 2016
Breakfast Thieves, Rose Street Artists’ Market, Pho Bo Ga Mekong Vietnam & Yarra River + Gas Brigades Fire Show
It was a Saturday when we popped by Breakfast Thieves for brunch that morning and, we are entirely not surprised to see a crowd at the award-winning brunch cafe.
We managed to secure the last seats outside along the pavement and, I went right for Mr Benedict that was only available on the weekends and holidays then got all addicted to the braised pork jowl and kale chips! And I was still getting used to coffee-ing since I was never into a coffee-drinking until this trip to Melbourne and swapped for hot chocolate instead that morning.
I am a sucker for unique handmade anything and weekend flea markets are always my favourite place to go because I know there will be something I will love to get my hands on. And it was no exception at The Rose Street Artists’ Market with so many stalls and sellers both indoors and outdoors where I (almost) break the bank over some accessories, trinkets and apparels for the kids at home!
We picked up some coffee and donuts from Industry Beans and Doughnut Time on our way home after checking out the flea market but weren’t entirely contented. In fact, it was quite a waste of our calories count for the day!
It was like I confirmed I am Asian every time I start asking for rice, noodles or soup after a couple of meals and we satisfied the craving with a piping hot bowl of pho at Pho Bo Ga Mekong Vietnam in the CBD for dinner. Frankly speaking, I forgot what I had other than the fact that it was so shiok!
San Churro QV
We decided to grab some churros from San Churros QV across the road after dinner and the underwhelming coffee and donuts earlier the same afternoon. Thank goodness it didn’t disappoint!
There were a lot like us enjoying a night stroll, tourists catching the Gas Brigades Fire Show, people dining in the restaurants on the riverfront, locals commuting by the river on foot, buskers and a winter street food market – It was rather eventful along Yarra River and a good way to end off our day and burn off all the excess calories we inhaled that day after dinner and desserts. I can totally get used to a chill life like this!
More posts from Melbourne | Australia June & July 2016 travelogue series:
- Red Spice QV, Om Nom & Fancy Hank’s | Melbourne, Australia
- Yarra Valley, Healesvilles & Marysville | Victoria, Australia
- Lake Mountain Resort and Bruno’s Art & Sculpture Garden | Marysville, Victoria, Australia
- Cafe Carpenter & Gukbab | Malvern East & Melbourne, Australia
- Fingal, Sorrento, Dromana & Shoreham | Victoria, Australia
- Hammer & Tong, Federation Square & ACMI, Belleville, N2 Gelato and Campari House | Melbourne, Australia
- Operator 25, Shrine of Remembrance, Royal Botanic Gardens, Yarra River & St. Paul’s Cathedral | Melbourne, Australia
- Breakfast Thieves, Rose Street Artists’ Market, Pho Bo Ga Mekong Vietnam & Yarra River | Melbourne, Australia