Maybe because I have never been the designated driver, I looooove road trips! And when the buddy suggested to do one to get out of the city for a bit, I didn’t hesitate a single bit and agreed immediately. Haha… So, with the little one in toll, we did a 3D2N drive out of the city to kick start my long break in Aussie!
[Melbourne | Australia June & July 2016]
26 June 2016
YARRA VALLEY, HEALESVILLE & MARYSVILLE
Ruling the back seat for the entire road trip together this little one! Hehe… Can’t be more proud of her for surviving this road trip so well and being such a good girl most of the time in the car! ❤️
Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery | Yarra Glen, Victoria
We were planning to be all chillax but we were a little early for brunch… So the buddy suggested a detour to the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie & Ice Creamery where we spent the morning getting mesmerised by watching chunks after chunks of chocolate move down the conveyor belt, filled our noses with the aroma of chocolates, get tempted to eat an ice cream but it was definitely way too early and end up having some hot chocolate instead before moving on for brunch!
Innocent Bystander/Giant Steps | Healesville, Victoria
And of course, this is brunch! I seriously cannot forget how we were slightly scorned for probably being Asians and how garlicky and greasy that pizza was. Let’s not talk about the rest of the food we had there, not very impressive so there wasn’t any pictures. But, that glass of moscato was truly the to-die-for at Innocent Bystander/Giant Step as what the buddies have told me prior to my trip!
And trust me, I am already starting to regret not buying more when I was there! Next time I go, I am going to fill the car boot before I leave the cellar door!
Gerbera & Alpaca Farm @ The Big Bouquet | Healesville, Victoria
This visit to see the alpacas wasn’t part of the plans either but the buddy remembered spotting a mention of this farm on the internet some time back. And when we arrived at the farm, we were probably the only visitors at that time. Quiet and peaceful farm it was… Truly serene that even the alpacas are all so relaxed and couldn’t care less about our existence. Haha!
Yarra Valley Dairy | Yering, Victoria
I bet our stomachs have barely disgested our lunch but none of us can resist the thought of savoring some cheese when the buddy mentioned about a dairy farm along the way. Or we needed something else to make up for the disappointing brunch… Haha!
First moscato for brunch, then wine with a cheese platter completed with a jar of mushroom pate and duck rillette each. Such is life~ (and only if the almighty bank account allows… haha!)
Selover’s Lookout | Healesville, Victoria
We already lost count of the food and drinks we inhaled by the time we were finally set enroute to Marysville. But it definitely kept us alive for the long and nerve-wrecking uphill drive with all the tall forest trees towering over us!
Anyways… we spotted a sign along the highway that reads “Lover’s Lookout” and stopped to take a look and only to find out that the sign had been vandalised and it is supposed to read Selover’s Lookout! Haha!
Not bad for a 5 minute breather for the poor buddy behind the wheels though!
And finally… Marysville, very much on the down side, is but just a small town with essentials like a visitor centre, a small mart, a bakery, a couple of cafes and eateries, the bar or two plus that posh-looking restaurant looked really like a rare find and… that’s about it. And all I can say is that food in Marysville was merely decent and considering the fact that we were there to escape the city for a bit, we didn’t let that bother us too much.
And I was truly thankful that our room with The Tower was simple and clean. In fact, I should say that it was really cosy for three adults and a baby to reside in the long drive from the city and rest up for the next day! Hehe… Yes the next day! 😁
More posts from Melbourne | Australia June & July 2016 travelogue series:
- Red Spice QV, Om Nom & Fancy Hank’s | Melbourne, Australia
- Yarra Valley, Healesvilles & Marysville | Victoria, Australia
- Lake Mountain Resort and Bruno’s Art & Sculpture Garden | Marysville, Victoria, Australia
- Cafe Carpenter & Gukbab | Malvern East & Melbourne, Australia
- Fingal, Sorrento, Dromana & Shoreham | Victoria, Australia
- Hammer & Tong, Federation Square & ACMI, Belleville, N2 Gelato and Campari House | Melbourne, Australia
- Operator 25, Shrine of Remembrance, Royal Botanic Gardens, Yarra River & St. Paul’s Cathedral | Melbourne, Australia
- Breakfast Thieves, Rose Street Artists’ Market, Pho Bo Ga Mekong Vietnam and Yarra River + Gas Brigades Fire Show | Melbourne, Australia
- Manchester Press, Market Lane Coffee and St. Kilda Beach & Breakwater| Melbourne, Australia
- Vertue Coffee Roasters, Melbourne Museum & Jurassic World: The Exhibition, Jimmy Grants and Gelato Messina | Melbourne, Australia
- Great Ocean Road | Victoria, Australia
- South Melbourne Market, State Library Victoria, Docklands Winter Fireworks 2016 and Cafes | Melbourne, Australia
- Collingwood Children’s Farm & Farmers’ Market, Flagstaff Gardens and Brick Lane Melbourne | Melbourne, Australia