One of the other highlights of our road trip was the trip up to Lake Mountain! We cannot confirm if we are going to try skiing or anything of that sort but the thought of being able to see and play in the snow is so awesome!
[Melbourne | Australia June & July 2016]
27 June 2016
LAKE MOUNTAIN RESORT AND BRUNO’S ART & SCULPTURE GARDEN
We definitely cannot deny the fact that the snow-covered forest that lined both sides of the road makes it a really scenic drive up to the resort. But that aside, the road was wet and icy from the rain that morning. Worse still, it was really foggy at certain areas so every twist and turn on the road ahead left all of us in the car all so tensed up! It was certainly quite a ride!
Lake Mountain Resort | Marysville, Victoria
I cannot remember exactly how long was the drive up but it was a relief when we finally arrived at the ski resort! And seriously… Too bad it was a rainy and foggy morning. It was so slippery every where and the old bones of ours just don’t seem to agree with even the thought of sliding down the slopes on a toboggan.
We found a nice and quiet corner dedicated for
big little kids to hang around to play in the snow. There was a half completed snowman, a trail of rabbit droppings that led us to find a stick of carrot and it is not difficult to find twigs to complete Mr Snowman’s look… So we decided to finish it! Smile Mr Snowman~
Bruno’s Art & Sculpture Garden | Marysville, Victoria
After taking lunch and staying a little while more at Lake Mountain, we decided to return to warmer conditions in town before the sun starts to set and only to find it as rainy as up in the mountains. Haha!
And when we got back to Marysville, we decided to drop by Bruno’s Art & Sculpture Garden to take a look around!
Aside from the art and sculptures sitting among the lush plantings, we actually spotted a few photos like those above showing the damage after a bushfire raged through Marysville and the garden on 7 February 2009.
The Black Saturday Bushfires massively damaged townships and homes in Victoria and took the highest number of lives in Australia’s history. And it was seriously quite depressing to see what little was left behind after the fire died out.
And I have to say that he sure has got an eccentric taste to his art pieces. The sculptures and their faces were far from cute or friendly and the garden feels rather creepy to walk through. Haha!
And talking about creepy… there is this one sculpture standing alone in a corner, back facing us from the walkway. We had the only man in the group to check it out first and only to realise that on the other side, we were staring back at ourselves! Look who is limiting themselves with their own fears! Creepiest but the most meaningful one! Haha!
Enough of freezing our ass outside, getting all wet in the rain or scaring ourselves with creepy looking art pieces… We went shopping at the one and one supermarket and got ourselves some cup hotels to enjoy in the comforts of our hotel room! Good enough to call it a day! 🙂
More posts from Melbourne | Australia June & July 2016 travelogue series:
- Red Spice QV, Om Nom & Fancy Hank’s | Melbourne, Australia
- Yarra Valley, Healesvilles & Marysville | Victoria, Australia
- Lake Mountain Resort and Bruno’s Art & Sculpture Garden | Marysville, Victoria, Australia
- Cafe Carpenter & Gukbab | Malvern East & Melbourne, Australia
- Fingal, Sorrento, Dromana & Shoreham | Victoria, Australia
- Hammer & Tong, Federation Square & ACMI, Belleville, N2 Gelato and Campari House | Melbourne, Australia
- Operator 25, Shrine of Remembrance, Royal Botanic Gardens, Yarra River & St. Paul’s Cathedral | Melbourne, Australia
- Breakfast Thieves, Rose Street Artists’ Market, Pho Bo Ga Mekong Vietnam and Yarra River + Gas Brigades Fire Show | Melbourne, Australia
- Manchester Press, Market Lane Coffee and St. Kilda Beach & Breakwater| Melbourne, Australia
- Vertue Coffee Roasters, Melbourne Museum & Jurassic World: The Exhibition, Jimmy Grants and Gelato Messina | Melbourne, Australia
- Great Ocean Road | Victoria, Australia
- South Melbourne Market, State Library Victoria, Docklands Winter Fireworks 2016 and Cafes | Melbourne, Australia
- Collingwood Children’s Farm & Farmers’ Market, Flagstaff Gardens and Brick Lane Melbourne | Melbourne, Australia