I was finally on the countdown to the end of the extended escape from reality at this point. While there are definitely a lot more to Melbourne, we stuck to eating and shopping with minimal plans on the itinerary to keep things chill. Here’s how three days went by in a nutshell…
[Melbourne | Australia June & July 2016]
6, 7 & 8 July 2016
South Melbourne Market, State Library Victoria, Docklands Winter Fireworks 2016 and Cafes
6 JULY 2016
The highlight of Day 12 was spending a big part of our day at the South Melbourne Market and stuffing ourselves at Chez Dre for brunch, snacks like croissants and pastries from Agathé Patisseries or fresh oysters from the seafood vendors in the market, coffee from hole-in-the-wall cafe, Clement and also (and of course) ice cream from Bibelot!
I also managed to bag a few beautiful bowls from the market that day. Well, bowls… who can resist them when they are all lined up and colourful and attractive like that right? 🙂
If you were wondering if any food went to waste during this entire trip, then the answer is NO! We asked to take away all leftovers for all the times we got greedy and over-ordered or when we had too much to inhale in a day and saved them for a perfect pot of home-cooked Korean Army Stew for dinner on Day 12!
7 JULY 2016
We explored further than the CBD and the nearby areas on Day 13. We started the day with brunch at Mammoth then cakes at Zumbo Patisserie (Closed) before finally hit the mall, DFO South Wharf, for some proper shopping then late lunch/early dinner at Akachochin.
8 JULY 2016
Day 14 was a little more than just interesting because it started off with us arriving at Little Rogue for our morning coffee to find out the guys had their cafe broken into that morning and yet they were cheery and running their business as per usual. We checked out State Library Victorian and also grabbed a Matcha soft serve at Rice Workshop in Chinatown before spending the rest of the night at Docklands for Docklands Winter Fireworks!
More posts from Melbourne | Australia June & July 2016 travelogue series:
- Red Spice QV, Om Nom & Fancy Hank’s | Melbourne, Australia
- Yarra Valley, Healesvilles & Marysville | Victoria, Australia
- Lake Mountain Resort and Bruno’s Art & Sculpture Garden | Marysville, Victoria, Australia
- Cafe Carpenter & Gukbab | Malvern East & Melbourne, Australia
- Fingal, Sorrento, Dromana & Shoreham | Victoria, Australia
- Hammer & Tong, Federation Square & ACMI, Belleville, N2 Gelato and Campari House | Melbourne, Australia
- Operator 25, Shrine of Remembrance, Royal Botanic Gardens, Yarra River & St. Paul’s Cathedral | Melbourne, Australia
- Breakfast Thieves, Rose Street Artists’ Market, Pho Bo Ga Mekong Vietnam and Yarra River + Gas Brigades Fire Show | Melbourne, Australia
- Manchester Press, Market Lane Coffee and St. Kilda Beach & Breakwater| Melbourne, Australia
- Vertue Coffee Roasters, Melbourne Museum & Jurassic World: The Exhibition, Jimmy Grants and Gelato Messina | Melbourne, Australia
- Great Ocean Road | Victoria, Australia
- South Melbourne Market, State Library Victoria, Docklands Winter Fireworks 2016 and Cafes | Melbourne, Australia
- Collingwood Children’s Farm & Farmers’ Market, Flagstaff Gardens and Brick Lane Melbourne | Melbourne, Australia