There was nothing more to say other than my extended trip to Melbourne was coming to an end. This travelogue is also ending…
[Melbourne | Australia June & July 2016]
9 & 10 July 2016
Collingwood Children’s Farm & Farmers’ Market, Flagstaff Gardens and Brick Lane Melbourne
9 JULY 2016
Day 15 was finally the long-awaited Sunday Farmers’ Market day we had been looking forward to! It was a cold and foggy morning when we arrived at Collingwood Children’s Farm…
THE FARM CAFE
I was very sure that we had many great brunches and coffees during my stay in Melbourne but, this brunch at The Farm Cafe was my favourite brunch for some reason. Probably because the coffee was comforting on that chilly morning and they used food from local suppliers, farmers and producers.
COLLINGWOOD FARMERS’ MARKET
After brunch, we proceeded to the Collingwood Farmers’ Market that is held in the morning of the second Saturday of each month. There are between 60 – 70 stalls each time with seasonal fruit and vegetables, bread, eggs, free-range meat, dairy and poultry; pasta, jams & preserves, flowers and all sorts of fresh produce you can imagine!
The market is also accredited by the Victorian Farmers’ Market Association so you can be assured that the stallholders are the growers and makers of the goods they sell. We were too busy shopping away and I didn’t manage to take more photos… 😅
COLLINGWOOD CHILDREN’S FARM
In case I did not mention earlier, the main objective was actually to let the little one explore the Collingwood Children’s Farm to meet the farm animals aside from us checking out the Farmers’ Market that morning.
Thank goodness we had the little one’s rainboots in the stroller and she had lots of fun chasing the animals and walking around on her own. The animals were generally friendly and gentle with the kids (except for one grouchy horse that tried gnawing on the girl’s head) and, you can tell from the squeals and laughter from all the kids in the farm. It was really quite an experience for her!
We passed the Flagstaff Gardens every time we made a trip to Queen Victoria Market and finally took a stroll at the Gardens, originally known as Burial Hill and Melbourne’s first cemetery, on my last evening in Melbourne.
That period was also the start of the Pokémon GO craze and, we witnessed the people shuffling around the park trying to find their catch while we ran around and played with bubbles with the little one 😅
10 JULY 2016
You can imagine how much shopping and souvenirs I have accumulated from 16 days in Melbourne so, we kept the last day to chill and for me to pack up after brunch at the nearby cafe…
BRICK LANE MELBOURNE
Truth to be told – Brunch at Brick Lane Melbourne was eaten with a heavy heart because it was going to be my last until I don’t know when. You can imagine I was savouring every drop of the coffee as if it was liquid gold. Hahaha…
Thank you to Melbourne for the good coffees and eggs and of course, the eyeful of the beautiful nature and life/society out here. Thank you to the buddies and the little one for the 16 good days filled with experiences and memories. Thanks for being my guide, GPS, the fellow food lover for devouring every random bit of calories together and most importantly, thank you for the safe hideout and bed space all these while! Well… I AM OFFICIALLY A COFFEE DRINKER! ☕️
More posts from Melbourne | Australia June & July 2016 travelogue series:
- Red Spice QV, Om Nom & Fancy Hank’s | Melbourne, Australia
- Yarra Valley, Healesvilles & Marysville | Victoria, Australia
- Lake Mountain Resort and Bruno’s Art & Sculpture Garden | Marysville, Victoria, Australia
- Cafe Carpenter & Gukbab | Malvern East & Melbourne, Australia
- Fingal, Sorrento, Dromana & Shoreham | Victoria, Australia
- Hammer & Tong, Federation Square & ACMI, Belleville, N2 Gelato and Campari House | Melbourne, Australia
- Operator 25, Shrine of Remembrance, Royal Botanic Gardens, Yarra River & St. Paul’s Cathedral | Melbourne, Australia
- Breakfast Thieves, Rose Street Artists’ Market, Pho Bo Ga Mekong Vietnam and Yarra River + Gas Brigades Fire Show | Melbourne, Australia
- Manchester Press, Market Lane Coffee and St. Kilda Beach & Breakwater| Melbourne, Australia
- Vertue Coffee Roasters, Melbourne Museum & Jurassic World: The Exhibition, Jimmy Grants and Gelato Messina | Melbourne, Australia
- Great Ocean Road | Victoria, Australia
- South Melbourne Market, State Library Victoria, Docklands Winter Fireworks 2016 and Cafes | Melbourne, Australia
- Collingwood Children’s Farm & Farmers’ Market, Flagstaff Gardens and Brick Lane Melbourne | Melbourne, Australia